Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 10, 2009

On Going Training

I am starting to have fun with my taxation training for certification. When I start working as a tax preparer I am going to buy probably 2 to 3 years bond for tax preparer. The cost for tax preparer bond for 3 years is between $55 to $100. You may wonder why do I need a bond. Tax preparation is also risky since this involves with money from different people as well as to the government. This is required by California law that if you prepare tax to the public you need to have certificate and in order for you to get the certification (CTEC) you need to purchase the bond showing that you are insured. Other stuff that I need to do is to finish my training to get my certificate. I also have to file PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) through the IRS website. PTIN is for paid tax return peparer he/she does not want to disclose his/her SSN on returns that is prepared.

No comments: